The Ghanaian Association Portsmouth (Ghap) serves to assist the Ghanaian and Friends of Ghana in meeting the needs of the Ghanaian living in Portsmouth and Hampshire. Ghap works to promote and provide a cultural and social awareness of Ghanaian and British Ghanaian customs and diversity.
To achieve these aims, Ghap shall exist to encourage cultural diversity, articulate the concerns of Ghanaians, and cultivate relationships with other multicultural organizations and the Portsmouth, Hampshire community.
- To work together on educational, cultural and social events in support of our mission.
- To foster cultural awareness and unity among ethnic groups in the Portsmouth area
- To work together in partnership with other groups for the future multicultural development of Portsmouth
- To promote and publicise the aims and work of the Association
- To promote fellowship and solidarity among Ghanaians, their children, spouses, and associates living in the Portsmouth.
- To provide a forum for members to meet as a group to participate, share and contribute to the educational and socio-economic development of Ghanaians.
- To promote the Ghanaian culture in Portsmouth, Hampshire and the United Kingdom as a whole.
- To promote the health and well-being of the members and working together regardless of age, ethnic origin, ability, sex, religion, belief or political affiliation recognising the value of our many differences.
- To educate, encourage and support the members in all matters by working with statutory and non-statutory agencies.
- To promote social, cultural and sport events among the members.
- To raise funds and receive contributions where appropriate to finance the needs of the members and community projects in Ghana
- To work with similar groups and exchange information and advice with them.
- Take any action that is lawful, which would help to fulfil its aims.